How To Cure Acidity Permanently
Acid reflux, acidity or heart burn is caused due to the presence of excessive acid in the stomach which causes irritation of the gastrointestinal covering. This problem results into a burning pain.
Acidity is a symptom of defect in digestion. It is the excessive accumulation of acid inside safety valve of stomach which is known as acidity. Food is digested properly with the help of acids and enzymes. Hence, acid is very important for proper digestion of food. Lack of acid can result in the form of indigestion and constipation. However, problem of acidity arises when digestive organs secret excessive amount of acid. When acidity is accompanied with formation of excessive gas, additional problem such as heartburn awakes.
The problem of acidity is caused by many factors. Stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal reflex disease can increase acidity. Anxiety, anger and stress increase the speed of acid formation in stomach. Constipation and flatulence are also capable to awake acidity. Excessive intake of caffeine based beverages like tea and coffee or fried and too spicy food; stimulates the glands responsible for formation of acid. Overeating and eating too rapidly may lead to indigestion and then towards acidity. Long gaps between meals and going to bed right after having meal give the acid more time to act. Side effect of certain drugs increases the amount of acid. Excessive smoking and excessive intake of alcohol leads to certain liver disorders which could be the reason of acidity. In short, acidity is a disorder which can be caused due to bad habits, faulty diet and certain conditions of digestive system.
There are remedies to prevent acidity from disturbing our daily routine.
- Mix one teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds with one-fourth teaspoon of roasted fenugreek seeds also add one-fourth teaspoon of mustard seed. Pinch a little bit of asafetida in this mixture. Add roc salt to taste and stir this mixture for 60 seconds. Grind this mixture in the form of powder. Have half teaspoon of this powder with 1 tablespoon of curd twice a day.
- Pineapple is like a tonic for digestive system. It relieves from digestive disorders. So develop a habit of having half glass of juice after every meal.
- This one is very simple remedy for treating acidity effectively. Pour a glass of thinned butter milk; add one-fourth teaspoon of black pepper and one-fourth teaspoon of cumin powder. Add salt to taste and stir this solution thoroughly. Drink it for quick and effective relieve from acidity.
- Eat one carrot everyday. It will increase the formation of saliva and it will also improve digestion. Juice of carrot is also very beneficial. It helps the body to get rid of toxins.
- For a quick relief from acidity; have one glass of cold milk. Do not add sugar, drink it plain.
There are some prevention’s necessary for curing acidity. Avoid eating junk food; instead of it prefer to eat fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables. Cold drinks; with or after meal should be avoided. It dilutes the acid and enzymes necessary for digestion. Habit of smoking cigarettes is extremely harmful for both body and digestive system. Avoid drinking caffeine based drinks like tea and coffee; instead have alkaline foods such as cucumber juice and watermelons. It will neutralise the excessive acid. When these prevention’s and remedies are paired together treatment of acidity will be effective and permanent.