Natural Remedies For Headaches
Most of the people have headache because of stress and tension. There are plenty of natural solutions for your pain, as you will find out in this guide to headache remedies.
How to Cure Headache Naturally?
If you have headache due to stress, worries, angriness or food allergy, then apply ice pack on your head, throat, shoulders, and back of your neck. You will get rid of headache to some extent and feel better.
Hydrate your body
Dehydration may be the cause your headache. When you lose a lot of fluid and heat, head pain takes place. Sit for sometime and drink water slowly. Drink eight glass of water daily and see difference. Soak a cloth in ice cold water and then tie it on your eye for about 10 minutes.
Peppermint is a soother of nerves and can also revitalize a little energy. Massage peppermint oil for about 15 minutes. You can also massage fresh peppermint herb on your head. You will surely get relief from headache.
Try acupuncture or acupressure. This will help a lot particularly if the reason of the headache is nervous tension.
Away from computer or Use anti-glare spectacles
Computer Radiation or excess light may also be responsible for headache. If you suffer from headache due to excess use of computer, then use anti-glare spectacles while working on computer as well as take rest by washing your face few times in a day.
Apply heating pad
Due to stress and decreased blood flow to the brain, tension headaches result that causes the neck muscles to tighten. In this situation, sooth your neck muscles by applying heating pad or hot water bottle. You can also take hot shower to relax tight muscles of the neck, upper back and shoulders.
Stay away from highly sugared food
Highly sugared food or food additives such as preservatives, artificial flavors and colors, can also trigger headaches. Ensure that you stay away from such foods and try to include natural foods such as fruits and vegetables.
Get adequate sleep
In some people, a lack of sleep may be the reason for headache. As well, getting sufficient sleep can help to reduce stress. It is generally recommended that people who suffer from headaches have to maintain a normal sleep schedule daily.
Exercises such as swimming, brisk walk, or jogging increase blood circulation and the fresh air will also help to relieve headache. Also, it allows the whole body to relax. So, try to make exercise as your daily habit.
Many times, headache becomes fatal due to lots of stress. In this situation, laughter therapy is an effective stress medicine. See some comedy film or read comic book by going in garden and laugh loudly, you will get relief in just a few minutes.
Drink herbal tea
To relieve the headache, teas like peppermint and chamomile work wonder. Ensure that you drink a cup of herbal tea for tranquilizing your headache.
- Consume foods that are high in magnesium like broccoli, beans, soy milk, nuts, spinach, etc.
- Lemon juice in tea or water can help to dispose of the headache.
- Meditation also helps to relieve chronic headache but you just have to do meditation regularly.
- Limit foods rich in sodium (salt), saturated fats, cholesterol, Trans fats, and added sugars.
- Aromatherapy methods are also helpful. They offer the advantage of aromas such as lavender which have relaxation qualities with in.
- Avoid sleeping in cold rooms. Maintain your bedroom temperature up to at least 68 degrees.
- Take a multivitamin containing magnesium and calcium, because these two minerals are believed to work to decrease the symptoms of tension and other stress linked headaches.